This morning I woke up an hour before my alarm and couldn't go back to sleep because it was way to cold in my apartment. I braved sticking an arm out of my pile of blankets to grab my alarm clock so I could get a look at the temperature and I died a little inside when I read that it was 2.6 degrees.
After wallowing in self-pity for a few minutes I dragged myself out of bed with the promise of a nice hot shower to perk me up and make me human again. I rip off my clothes and jump into the shower room and hop from one foot to the other to avoid standing in icy puddles longer than I have to and crank open the hot water tap. Nothing. I turn it off and then back on again hoping that this will somehow fix my problem. No such luck.
I scamper out of the shower and run around my apartment trying every hot tap I have. At this point I am faced with the undeniable fact that my hot water pipe is frozen. The cold water works just fine of course which just makes me feel like the universe is rubbing salt in my wounds.
This is not how I wanted to start my week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is the worst Monday morning story I have ever heard :(
Warm thoughts to you! Hang in there, glad it seems to be working now and hopefully the temperature starts to swing upward soon enough!
Post a Comment