Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Golden Week

This week is supposed to be Golden Week. So far it has been anything but golden for me.

It all started with Harper being given his elusive majority government. I won't go into political rantings here but suffice it to say that I was less than thrilled.

Then late last night I discovered that my plans to go to Tokyo today had fallen through and I would not be going anywhere fun and exciting. I had managed to come to terms with this and decided that I might as well get out of the apartment and go for a bike ride since it was such a nice day outside. I biked along the river and into downtown Maebashi to check out a store I had been meaning to explore. I found a really nice pair of earrings to take home with me and as I was biking home I was thinking about how the day turned out to be rather nice after all.

Then I got hit by a car.

I'm ok but I was rather shaken up by the experience. My bike is a little worse for wear but still functional and a brand new shirt I was wearing for the first time today got torn. While I was failing to hold back tears as I biked back home along the river a gust of wind blew my newly purchased earrings out of my basket, down the path and into the river never to be seen again. As I futilely searched for my bag all I managed to find was this dead lizard. FML.

4 comments:

Cherry said...

a prize-winning No Good Terrible Horrible Bad Day story. Let's hope that you are showered with good luck to make up, and soon!!

Unknown said...

You know what I do when I start getting shit on like that. I look at that picture of the monkey you posted on here, and try to let my stress/anxiety just melt into that calming simian expression.

Unknown said...

What a day! Hopefully things turn around a bit and you have a wonderful time.

And yes, look at the monkey. Monkey.

Unknown said...

Think of it this way, you could be lizard.