Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Red Lion


I just got back from an amazing bar in Takasaki called the Red Lion. I think it is going to become a regular haunt for me. It felt so much like home I could have wept. For starters it is an Irish bar and it serves fantastic fish and chips with real malt vinegar! All the writing in the place was in English and there was even live music. The band consisted of a Japanese man who played guitar and a Japanese woman would was on an accordion! They played some super awesome jigs that I tapped my foot too as I drank my imported beer. Mmm, Heineken, I didn't realise I missed you until I found you again!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish we had a place like that in Okayama!

I guess RACCO's was pretty good, but not really a hang-out place.

Steph said...

We did have an Irish pub in Okayama City, but it lacked charm it was simply a typical pub with extremely expensive foreign beer and horrible food.

Cherry said...

What a little slice of heaven!! ENGLISH heaven, with fish and chips!! And imported beer, too. God is answering my prayers for you, sweetie :)