Apparently a typhoon hit my area of Japan today; could of fooled me, but that's what happens when you live in Gunma - not much :) The one thing it did mean though was that there was finally a break in the heat wave! Woohoo! It was rainy for most of the day and it was a cool 35 degrees. I had almost forgotten what it was like not to sweat. Let me tell you, it's glorious!
I had the day off today because I have to go in on Saturday and it did a lot to boost my mood. I got up at my regular time, made some coffee and chatted with Fran on MSN. Then I got to talk to Jon, Steph and Alex over Skype and play a little WoW with them. After that I chatted with my dad through Skype and did some laundry.
Once I had hung that up to dry I headed downtown to check out the major shopping mall here called Keyaki Walk. I wandered around for a few hours and tried on a few things (nothing fit, of course, but it was close!) There was another pet store there that I got to check out, no turkeys this time but there was a scottish fold kitten =^-^= I found milk bread as it was being taken out of the oven so it was all warm and gooey! Mmmm... I also treated myself to an iced crème brûlée latte and crème brûlée pastry from Starbucks as I watched the rain.
As I was walking back to the train station I realised that I felt normal for the first time since I arrived in Japan. It's amazing what talking to friends back home, window shopping and Starbucks can do. Things are looking up and I think it's going to be a good year after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Don't forget the amazing things that milk bread can do!
Mmm... milk bread.
"could HAVE fooled me", Anna-sensei...
So happy that you are finding little pieces of heaven all over xoxox
milk bread and Starbucks - sounds like the perfect day. When you return perhaps we can try baking milk bread, one day we will find a recipe that works.
Post a Comment